Why This Trip?
- Cityscapes and the Highland countryside.
- Monster-spotting at Loch Ness
- Castles, clans, moors and waterfalls
- Locations that inspired Harry Potter
In Your Free Time
- Hike to the top of Arthur’s Seat
- Dance a traditional ceilidh at the Ghille Dhu.
- Visit the Harry Potter gift shop.
- Flites of Whiskey and plates of Haggis.
Your Weekend at a Glance
Day 1 – Train into Edinburgh and let the adventure begin
Day 2 – Highlands, Loch Ness and more…
Day 3 – Marvel at the Scottish landscape before heading home
- Return train travel to Edinburgh.
- Overnight accommodation with breakfast.
- Coach transport to the Highlands
- Entrances to Doune Castle and the Clansmen Centre
- Services of a full-time tour manager.
8:10– Meet at London King’s Cross Station
9:00- Journey to Edinburgh via high speed train.
13:20- Arrive into Edinburgh and be met by your Scottish local guide.
13:40- Head to your accommodation to drop off your luggage.
14:00- Walking tour through the heart of Edinburgh’s Old Town (optional)
15:30- Free time in Edinburgh
8:00- Depart Edinburgh for a two-day tour of the Highlands.
9:30- Arrive at Doune Castle
10:30- Depart Doune Castle and head for Tyndrum.
12:30- Lunch in Tyndrum -a quaint Highland village.
14:30- Views of mountain scenery at Glencoe and Loch Ness lake.
17:00- Tour the Clansman Centre
18:00- Arrive in Fort Augustus and check in to your accommodation
18:30 Free evening.
8:00 Depart accommodation in Fort Augustus
10:30- Arrive at Culloden Battlefield.
12:45- Lunch in the scenic Pitlochry.
14:15- Hermitage walk with views of waterfalls, leaping salmon and the Birnam Oak
17:30– After arriving back into Edinburgh – fast-train transport to London.
22:15- Arrive at London King’s Cross.
N.B. All timings are approximate and may be subject to change due to traffic or other conditions. Proscenium also reserves the right to change the timings order of the itinerary according to availability.